Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's worth considering



I was just browsing through DWR, and came across the Cherner armchair. Since the first time I saw it in a catalogue about three years ago, I thought it was the most beautiful chair ever. And after looking through tons of websites, magazines, and catalogues - hundreds and hundreds of chairs later - I'm not sure if I'll ever see one that strikes me like this one. The compund curve of the arms is just so appealing. Beautiful.
On the DesComm side of things, we're into portfolio design. I think that class tonight was useful... The open-discussion style of things feels really appropriate. The portfolio
here has a nice little element in my opinion. Numbering pages? So simple, so everyday and mundane on regular documents and books and stuff, but I've never seen it on a portfolio like this. It's really effective and it adds a neat graphic element to each page.
It's worth considering...

No comments:

Post a Comment